Thursday 1 January 1998


I  reeled it in slowly,...but, suddenly a huge sized fish leapt out of the water and thrust dived 50 meters in front of me...At this time, my knees were shaking and my nerves were tested to the maximum.....All my gut feelings told me that this was a Kim Bak Lor...or Ikan Siakap..! True enough, the Siakap gave another six more jumps before i had the chance to reeled it in...! The fish struggled and swam strongly everytime my buddy came close to gaff it while its still in the water five meters out. In the end, after a 15mins bout, i won and landed it safely. It was a Ikan Siakap or Kim Bak Lor and it was golden in colour..I couldn't put the fish in the icebox so i had to wrapped it with newspaper and put it in a clean trashbag thus burying it under the sand. Me posing with my sleepy face in the morning...

No comments: